The Face of Male Infertility

Sunday, September 6, 2009

So what does a guy with male infertility look like?

Well, if you're a guy, take a look in the mirror - he could look like you. In other words, there's no particular 'type' that male factor infertility (MFI) strikes.

You could be short or tall. Fat or skinny. You could be athletic or not. Bald or sporting a full head o' hair. Maybe you wear glasses or contacts. Or not. You might be a little bit country or a little bit rock n' roll.

You get the idea.

What surprised me most about my visits to the urologist was just how many guys were there because of male infertility and how different we all were. No one attribute or characteristic linked us to one another.

I honestly expected to walk into a waiting room full of old men with prostate issues. Yeah, some of those guys were there too and not all of the young guys may have been there for fertility stuff but there were quite a few. Often accompanied by a female partner, looking anxious, just like us. And a little relieved when they too realized that they weren't the only ones out there dealing with this.

The IF guys were confirmed when we all fell into the assembly line of following each other down to the lab for blood work, then back to the urologist's office for further instructions, waiting one at time to be scheduled for ultrasounds and the like.

It was quite comforting in a really weird way. When I first got my azoospermia diagnosis, I honestly thought, "I am the only guy on the face of the planet who has absolutely no sperm."

It was only after that visit to the urologist and my subsequent forays on the Internet into the world of male infertility that I realized I wasn't the only guy out there.

This whole male IF thing wasn't exactly what I had in mind - but at least I know now it's not a club of one. And now you do too.

3 comments:

Anonymous,  November 25, 2009 at 4:09 PM  

Hiya...I guess you can add my picture to the membership wall of your Azoo club.

Glad to find I'm not alone in all this...but sad there's someone else having to go through it too!

Keep your chin up (otherwise you'll dribble the Guinness)
HopelesslyTTC

bhargava sai October 17, 2019 at 10:52 PM  

brillant piece of information, I had come to know about your web-page from my friend hardkik, chennai,i have read atleast 9 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your webpage gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanx a million once again, Best Doctor for Azoospermia Treatment in Hyderabad

Post a Comment

Contact

Check in with me at: fertilityguy at gmail dot com

Reviews

This blog is PR friendly! Please contact me if you would be interested in connecting for reviews and/or giveaways.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP