Dem Balls

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Currently my wife and I are on a spawning break until the new year. We're both trying to get healthier and have tried to get serious about exercising regularly, eating better, and keeping up with our acupuncture and TCM stuff.

So this isn't exactly a pressing matter, but as we think ahead to future fertility treatments, I've been wondering about this "small testicular tissue sample" that Dr. Balls is recommending I do should we move on to IVF/ICSI.

Fellow bloggers and good readers does anyone know much more about this? Because all I can think about is OUCH.

I haven't had an opportunity yet to discuss this more with my urologist, Dr. Balls, but I'm curious to know if there are any other azoo/MFI guys out there that have braved this? I'm also wondering what the chances are that this would produce viable sperm that could be used? In other words, is it worth the pain and agony for someone in my situation?

I'm a numbers guy. Anyone got numbers for me?

Advice appreciated. I figure I may as well start my researching now before I stock up on bags of frozen vegetables for post-procedure numbing.

5 comments:

Infertility And Me November 9, 2009 at 7:57 AM  

I had that done in June along with a varicocele repair. It's not too bad. I had much more pain from the varicocele repair than from the biopsies. In my case they did not find any sperm. The Doc did tell me that it didn't mean I didn't have any, but that there just wasn't any where he took from.

I would say go for it!!!!! You might as well give it a shot. You don't want to think back a few years from now and have any "What If's"

finding_ac November 9, 2009 at 12:40 PM  

my husband had 0 sperm and then took clomid and now he has 324 million per cc...

why havent you looked into the clomid?

♥ ac

Fertility Guy November 9, 2009 at 3:56 PM  

Thanks Kenny! This is good to know. I survived varicocele surgery - so I'm hopeful now after reading this that I can handle this next procedure.

finding_ac - I was on arimidex for quite a while and it didn't make a difference for me. I asked the urologist about clomid but my particular case won't work with that. Tis too bad, I'd rather take that than go under the knife, but what can ya do?

Anonymous,  November 10, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Hmm my only comment is 'OUCH'. My DH may have this on his horizon too, so keep us posted on how it goes.

Also given you an award, see my blog for details

babyattheend November 18, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

My DH had two surgeries back to back in Spring of 2006. The first was done by the urologist who had no real experience doing TESA surgeries. His recovery time was about 4 weeks (as in it took him that long to be able to walk without bowlegs). However, the second time was done by the RE and it was MUCH BETTER! Recovery time was about a week.

Our embryos using the TESA'd sperm weren't very good, and I wish we'd had a portion of the eggs fertilized with donor sperm. We're currently in the TWW of IVF#3, this time with embryos made with donor sperm. Just something I thought I'd put out there as someone who has faced what you are facing now.

Post a Comment

Contact

Check in with me at: fertilityguy at gmail dot com

Reviews

This blog is PR friendly! Please contact me if you would be interested in connecting for reviews and/or giveaways.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP