February ICLW

Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy ICLW everyone! I'm glad to be participating again and I hope to do more commenting than I usually do. If you're here for the first time, welcome. If you've been here before, thanks for coming back!

Quick ttc background: I'm 38, my wife is 34. We're trying to conceive our first child and have been on this quest for over four years. My wife has PCOS and I was diagnosed in the last year and a half with azoospermia, or no sperm. After varicocele surgery (ouch), numerous tests and drug therapy with no new results, we made the decision to go forward using donor sperm. I know that this would not be every one's cup of tea but this is what I love about the blogging world. We can all make different choices, but we can still all support each other just the same.

Other background: I'm Irish, born and raised. I came to Canada just over ten years ago when I married my lovely wife. I started this blog to help other guys (and their partners) get a glimpse into male infertility from a guy's perspective. I also blog with my wife over at Conceive so please stop by there too.

After taking a number of months off, my wife and I are back to fertility treatments this month for dIUI #3. She is currently in the midst of a protocol of Femara and Follistim. She is also not a fan of needles AT ALL so I'll be blogging about my experience on the other end of the needle in an upcoming post.

Again, thank you for stopping by. I hope that you'll consider staying a while by becoming a blog follower. I promise to take some time this week to ensure that I'm following all of you new followers back.

Happy ICLW everyone. Please keep your fingers crossed for us this cycle.

12 comments:

Andie February 22, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Nice blog! Great to read a male perspective.

If you like reading the classics, I have been reading a lot of Thomas Hardy lately, I would highly recommend Far From The Madding Crowd.

Happy ICLW and good luck with your upcoming cycle.

Anonymous,  February 22, 2010 at 11:33 PM  

Been following your blog for a while - there aren't many MFI ones out there, so always keep checking in on them when I find them...nice to get another guys perspective on dealing with MFI...
Good luck with the cycle...we'll be watching and waiting with bated breath.
HopelesslyTTC (ICLW)

Anonymous,  February 23, 2010 at 6:14 AM  

Fingers crossed! :)

Marla February 23, 2010 at 7:05 AM  

Nice to have a male perspective in the IF blogosphere. I'm looking forward to reading about how the men deal with the crazy hormones that we females inject ourselves with. Lol!

Happy ICLW!

Kate February 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM  

Good luck with this cycle!

~ICLW

Clare February 24, 2010 at 12:43 AM  

Wishing you guys the best of luck with this cycle - and lots of courage on the needle front!

Myndi February 24, 2010 at 11:37 AM  

Always enjoy the male perspective. I thought it was rare (and in comparison to the female IF point of view it is!), but through ICLW, I'm finding there are more out there than I realized. Thanks for blogging!

Best wishes on this IUI!

Kristin February 25, 2010 at 6:39 AM  

Wishing you guys the very best of luck on this cycle. I love reading the male perspective.

~ICLW

[cre] February 25, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

What a fun spin on IF Blogging! Not that it's fun you have azoospermia but that you blog about. Let's get that straight :)

Have fun with the rest of ICLW this month. I participated for 2 months then gave up this month b/c I just couldn't guarantee I'd have the time. Turns out I have lots. I'm on the bench this cycle due to a nasty 4cm cyst. Oh, I have PCOS and a 3rd cycle of Clomid caused that lovely detail. Next cycle I'm going to Femara/Letrizole with trigger and progesterone. Lovely! The dr. says he may even just bump us up to injects. Even lovelier.

So good luck to you and your wife - may this cycle be the one!

Jess February 25, 2010 at 6:49 PM  

My Irish hubby also has azoospermia and we used donor sperm for 4 IUIs as well. Hope that your next IUI is successful!!!!

Jess
~ICLW

Kelly February 26, 2010 at 11:54 AM  

It's so great to hear things from a male's POV. After all, you guys are in this just as much as we are.

ICLW

Unknown February 26, 2010 at 4:32 PM  

FInger's crossed! Good luck giving those shots! I think that has to be worse than recieving them! Happy ICLW!

Post a Comment

Contact

Check in with me at: fertilityguy at gmail dot com

Reviews

This blog is PR friendly! Please contact me if you would be interested in connecting for reviews and/or giveaways.

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP